Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Book Review: On a Quest for Christ by Lisa Are Wulf

"Your spiritual story is significant.  Who you are makes a difference.  God ordained a path for you even before the dawn of creation.  The impact of your life is incalculable." - Lisa Are Wulf

Because I have been involved in church my entire life, and have known God my entire life, I didn't really think I'd get a ton out of this book.  The cover of this book says, "tracing the footsteps of your spiritual journey."  I was thinking, I know the steps.  I was born into a Christian home, I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 8 years old (because of my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Jonker), I've gone to church and read the Bible my whole life...what's there to trace?

Well.  I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  It's basically a 30-day devotional, and each chapter is quite short, really.  There is the same basic format to each chapter;  there is a Bible passage, some words from the author, then she tells bits of her personal story in each one. 

There is also a place, prompted by her questions, for you to tell your story, bit by bit.  What I found so amazing is that Ms. Wulf has a knack of cutting right to your heart in very few words.  When I was initially scanning the book, I thought, "Wow, these sure are short chapters.  Not many questions.  Probably pretty surface stuff."

I'm happy to report I was wrong on all counts.  I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember, but On a Quest for Christ had me yearning to go deeper...I found myself thinking of things I had forgotten, memories of my journey with Christ that had been crowded out of my mind by the busyness of every day life.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in putting their spiritual story together in one place, no matter where you are on your journey right now.  I have grown because of this book, and because I am not quite finished, I eagerly anticipate doing more.

You can check out all of the information about the book and author here.

If you'd like to see the author's main website, go to

To find Lisa on facebook, please go here:

To purchase this book on, please click here.

I am SURE you will enjoy it!

 Disclaimer:  I received a free copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.


Alopecia Barbae said...

I’m of like mind with you on many of your points mentioned in this content. Thanks for the useful article for all .
Beard Patches