Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Really Am Still Here

This has been the craziest year.  The most medically invasive since 2000 when I was hospitalized for a diagnosis.  Coming up on 12 years.  Crazy.

But so far this year I've had like 30 medical appointments, tests, procedures, etc.  Had surgery on my trach last Thursday, and everything went really well.  However, the results are both good and bad (seems like everything in life has some of each)....the GOOD result is that the inside of my trach is granuloma-free, and I can breathe a lot better.  It also doesn't hurt on the inside. 

The BAD part is that the doc used silver nitrate (which is protocol), and it lingers.... It burns from the inside out, so this is what I have now:


Yes, it hurts as bad as it looks like it does.  It should be better by the time we leave for vacation though, and after tomorrow's plasmapheresis, I am DONE with doctors, dentists, tests, appointments, etc. until we leave.  SO I have 2 weeks of nothing but vacation planning.  Sigh.  It's about stinkin' time!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Feel bad that you're still in pain, but it looks like it's healing nicely!!! Glad there are no more appointments coming up...Have a wonderful vacation, be sure to blog all about it!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I'm sorry to read about your pain but glad the surgery went well and that you are done with doctors for a while!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...