Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sorry I've Been MIA

Man, I HATE it when JUNK invades my life.  I mean personal, icky junk.  It just wrecks everything.  But, I've spoken my piece, shared my heart, got a little crazy, and now it's time to go on.

So.  Yesterday I spent the day running errands and going out for lunch with Joanna...good heavens she is a patient woman.  We went to the bead store downtown Allegan (3D Beads)....I was JUST going to show Doreen where I got some magnets from, but ended up being there for probably 45 minutes.  I just HAD to look!  They rearranged the shop so it was nice and roomy and they had new sparkly stuff I just HAD to check out.  Doreen (the owner)  also convinced me to take a class with a lady there...so I'm going to!  Learn how to do wire wrapping.

Then we went to the Calico Rabbit in Plainwell.  I keep calling it the Calico Kitten, because, hey, isn't that what YOU think of when you say "Calico?" Mmmm-hm. Me too.  Anyway.  I basically only go to one booth there, the bead lady booth.  Well she had an ENTIRE BUCKET of individual beads for three cents each.  Mmm-hm.  I did.  I went through the whole. stinkin. basket. up at the counter, and Joanna patiently helped me dig through and look through them all for the ones I wanted.  Pretty soon the young lady at the counter was diggin' too!

As far as support goes, that's right up there with holding your hair back if you're puking, if you ask me.  All of the sudden I look up and it's 2:20 PM, and we haven't had lunch yet!  I was MORTIFIED!  I was like, OH my GOSH you must be STARVING!!  I was so zoned out I hadn't noticed....but as soon as I zoned back IN....sheesh!  I was ready to mow the bark off the twiggy tree outside!

Anywho.  Got more beads...which I need like a hole in the head....but also come other stuff to make some newer, different things.  SO.  If you want to, go check me out on facebook.  Go to https://www.facebook.com/MGKerriJewelry  and check it out.  You have til midnight tomorrow to save 30% on orders of $30.00 or more.

But anyway.  Thanks for your patience over the last few weeks....I haven't been blogging like I want to, but I've had so much personal gar-baj going on that I couldn't focus.  So I'm working on that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Heehee - you're so funny! Although I felt bad - here you were looking for an encouraging word and I ended up dumping all over you. The bead sort was the least I could do.

Tell me the truth - did you dream about beads? An ocean of beads? :)

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...