Monday, April 11, 2011

Life With MG

The thing that makes me the most crazy about this disease is its unpredictability. I never have liked change. I like structure. Order. Planning. In a perfect world everything would have straight lines, all the labels would line up (alphabetically of course) and everything would always be neat and tidy. I'm like the Type-A anal-retentive with OCD. (Which really should be CDO so it's in alphabetical order!!)

Anywho. Saturday and Sunday were wretched. Simply wretched. Today is SO much better. I attribute that to many things:

1. My sister is home from the hospital and in stable condition.
2. I started the day with Bible study.
3. I've been listening to more music.
4. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ME
5. No migraine

I'm not sure why I let myself stay so discouraged yesterday. Normally I can shake it off. But today has been pretty good. Jacob has been SUCH a good boy today. I feel stronger, and I know it's because people are praying for me....and I can tell. I can't explain it to someone who doesn't believe in God other than to say you walk outside and feel the wind in your face. You can't SEE it, but you feel it so you know it's real. You see its effects all around you.

I feel people's prayers for me today as real as the wind in my face. And I'm so, so thankful. Yesterday I was pretty much like a pouty, sulky, spoiled child. Not that I don't have reason to feel badly some days...but I was just having a big ol pity party. I was definitely the guest of honor.

SO. Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and thank God for putting people in my life that pray for me when I'm so down.

And for those of you praying: THANK YOU. You really don't know how much you mean to me. You are life-savers. Literally.

3 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Kerri, just so you know, I really wish I could be closer and do more to help you. We all need friends around us. People who know our trials and difficulties and care about us in spite of them. You are an amazing friend.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love the way you describe God and the wind. Prayers for you !!!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad today started on a better note!!

Those who don't live with chronic illness everyday really don't understand. Some days require every bit of strength, both physically and mentally. A pity party is in order now and then, thanks for inviting me!

As always you are in my prayers...

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...