Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thankful

I am so thankful for my computer. For technology. For people all. over. this. country. (who I so desperately wish were nearer) who have e-mailed me to encourage me. For people who I may have "known" through family or whatever, but who have become real-life friends that probably never would have without facebook.

I have met some of THE most amazing people in the last, say, 6-8 months. I've met a few that pretty much stunk as human beings as well, but more good than bad.

A new MG friend and I have been e-mailing back and forth....we are so very much alike in our personalities...we both have MG...and she has filled my heart with so much appreciation. She went to the altar for me this morning at her church service. She lives 1000+ miles away, but I feel like we are sisters. The Lord is using her, and others, to help me see all is NOT lost.

I'm still pretty darn frustrated, and upset, but I'm not quite so desperate. And that's a GREAT feeling.

I'm not going to get pheresis tomorrow...Jacob is sick. Plus I got a tip that I may be able to get pheresis locally by going through a blood program around here. So I'll be checking into that tomorrow. My mom and dad are leaving for home tomorrow. PRAISE GOD. I miss my mom a lot. She's a HUGE support to me not only emotionally but physically as well.

I'm so thankful for all of your prayers. SO SO thankful. Because there are times when I can't pray for myself because I'm just too angry or down, or whatever...and I know the Holy Spirit intercedes for me (Romans 8:26-27), but I know many of you have, and are, as well. And for that I will forever be grateful. Because I do not have it within me to go through this alone.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Chronic illness is a terrible burden. When your body is allergic to so many different meds, that makes it even tougher. However, it sounds like you are a pretty tough lady. Hang in there. It is often darkest before the dawn (or something like that).

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I'm so glad you realize you are not alone in this and there are so many, many, people praying for you.

Many hugs and prayers! And please give Jacob a little hug too. I hope he's feeling better soon and that you don't catch it!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Pitterle Postings said...

Yep, and sometimes we need to be willing to let others serve us. That can be so hard!! I know that is is difficult to admit that we can't do everything and that we need help. I think you are an amazing woman who is much stronger than she thinks she is. You are a blessing to all those who get to know you, whether in person or through the internet, you spirit shines right on through.

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

I want to say ditto to everything Patty Ann said!!! It is all 100% true-you are an inspiration more than you think you are & one of the strongest women I know!

Rachel said...

I think many of us feel the same way about the computer. It allows us to reach out in ways we never thought possible years ago.

I have enjoyed making new friends as well, some of us share MG, some share religious beliefs, some just enjoy the strength and encouragement we get from others.

It was such a beautiful gesture for your friend to do. We can all help each other in some way. I firmly believe with FAITH, FAMILY, & FRIENDS all things are possible.

Kerri, Thank you for being a great friend to so many of us!!

Young Wife said...

I'm so glad you've got a MG friend! I don't know how I would survive David's PsA without technology. It helps to be able to communicate with other people in similar situations.

MOMSWEB said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. You bless me in ways words can't explain.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...