Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rituxan: Epic FAIL

The Rituxan was unsuccessful. After they FINALLY got started, I ran for about an hour and a half when my throat started tickling. No problem, I read that can happen and not mean anything. They my eyes started itching. So I told the nurse. As she was contacting a doc there, I started having difficulty breathing. Allergic reaction. Big time. So they stopped the drug, gave me a bunch of stuff and I was ok.

They called my neurologist. I wanted them to try again but they wouldn't; my neuro agreed. He said he wants me to do pheresis for now while he figures out what to do. I am e-mailing him next. I wanted to go right to pheresis then, since we were already down there, he said no, I'd had enough trauma for the day.

I am upset.

I am angry.

I am frustrated.

I am stunned.

I was so sure this was IT.

I'm going to see if Dr. Teener will admit me to the hospital, give me a buttload of preventative drugs and try again.

Back to square one. I can't believe it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you seeeerious?! I'm upset too, but I want you to know that I'm here for you no matter WHAT. I'm going to the doc tomorrow but hopefully for just a "checkup" as opposed to anything drastic. Ugh, that's all.

I'm making awesome dinner tomorrow though, so I'm kinda bummed I can't bring you some (I promise you wouldn't be allergic to it, hopefully!)

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

Oh Kerri...I'm so sad. So so so sad!

It breaks my heart...prayers heading to Michigan!

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so sorry that it didn't work. Hopefully they will find something that does.

Renee said...

I'm so sorry, Kerri! Praying . . .

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Oh #$%^&!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I seriously feel like cursing and screaming on your behalf! I really hope they'll try again. My heart is hurting for you now!

Hugs!
Joanne
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Anonymous said...

Gosh Kerri I am so sorry:( I hope they can sort it all out for you soon.

Pitterle Postings said...

Kerri, I am so, so sorry. Remember, you are not really back to square one. That would mean you don't know what is going on and you don't know how to treat it. You are just in the middle of finding something that will work. It will happen. I believe that.

Young Wife said...

I'm so sorry. That is a terrible disappointment. Praying for you and your doctors.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...