Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh The Joy

Heard back from neurology. Under no circumstances will they try the Rituxan again. I had such a small amount (by their standards) of the medication and such a severe reaction that trying again is not an option.

Back to plasmapheresis. So now I'm trying to find a local (within 50 miles) hospital that will do plasmapheresis outpatient so we don't have to drive 300 miles round trip every 3 weeks again.

I just called the "best and brightest" in town, the newest, shiniest, most modern hospital in Grand Rapids, (supposedly) and they don't do it. One other hospital MIGHT, but 1/2 the people who go there end up with MRSA, and half of them die, so I chose to decline.

Oh happy day.

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Great news :) I hope you find what you are looking for...
kim

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Oh Kerri! I am so sorry. I was really praying that you'd be able to try again. I hope you are able to find a hospital closer who can do it well. I don't think I'd try the one with the bad stats either.

Tight tight hugs from me and Matthew!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Pitterle Postings said...

Kerri, I am so sorry. I know it is disappointing *mild understatement!*
I will keep you in my prayers. Hoping so much that you can find something closer and also something that works!!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...