Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, Monday

Haven't slept the best the last few nights. Just trying to hang in there until Wednesday. I know once this first treatment is over I will feel better (emotionally). I'm just keyed up, I guess. I didn't think I was, but I guess I am a little.

Then there's the "let's pick up the dog puke" game that we played three times today. SOMEONE needs to make indestructible dog toys. Plastic toys that dogs can eat that make them throw up should just be illegal. I love my dogs, but that's. just. wrong.

Phone call to the vet, phone call to my sister, my hubby, I've gotten exactly NOTHING done today.

Plus, my sister is having her gallbladder out tomorrow, and I'll be on my way to Canton, MICHIGAN (my brother thought it was Ohio)...it's just stressful. (And the weather is predicted to be freezing rain. Nice.) My folks are coming home early from Florida, but still....I just don't like being all scattered over the country. I wish, wish, wish we all lived within 10 miles of each other.

Thank God for friends who are willing to help me. Relatives who ARE friends. And other friends. My "old" high school friend (who is younger than I am) is taking Jacob while we're gone. What a blessing.

So please just continue to pray for my family...my sister who is having her gallbladder out doesn't have insurance until April 1st, so they have to pay for everything. She's selling candy bars and making cans to bring to local businesses...Going to ask her church to do a bake sale to help pay for expenses. Surgery isn't cheap. Doug will be taking a box of candy bars to work!

Anyway. Trying to just let the Lord deal with it all, because He knows I can't! My shoulders are wide, but not that wide. And since I have the priviledge to cast my cares at the feet of the One who parted the Red Sea? The One who stopped the sun in the sky? The One who spoke the Universe into existence? Why wouldn't I??

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't have to tell you it's perfectly normal to feel "keyed up", there is so much going on in your life right now. You carry so many burdens, more than most people can handle, and you manage to do it with dignity, grace, and a wicked sense of humor!!

With the 3F's (Faith, Family, Friends), you'll get through it all.

Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong!

Renee said...

Said a prayer for you and your family. Blessings, Kerri!

Pitterle Postings said...

Yes Kerri, you are so in my thoughts and prayers today. Just know that you are loved and that He is very aware of your needs. You do bear your burdens with dignity and grace. I think you are amazing.

Kerri said...

Thank you ladies... You just don't get to see the ugly cry and hysteria!
Love you all...thanks so much for the prayers and support. They mean a LOT!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...