Sunday, March 13, 2011

Friday Field Trip

Friday I still was feeling good, and my hubby decided to take the afternoon off work, and we went out for lunch and to the Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids. They have butterflies from all over the world there once a year. Every year I'm like, I want to go see the butterflies! But I have never felt good enough. It's very humid and warm in the gardens where the butterflies are, and humidity is BAD for MG. But at the beginning of the year, my resolve (not resolution) was to LIVE. So we went. I was a good girl and brought my walker, which I used the entire time. Here are some pictures of our beautiful day.


It was SO gorgeous in the gardens. The sky was blue and the sun was shining....


They seemed to like my shirt.


They had these little feeders all over the place.

One of my favorites...this little guy landed right on the bright green fern. So pretty!

They had some amazing cacti there!

This is probably my favorite of all.

This was the first butterfly we saw there!

My dad had cactus in his greenhouse while I was growing up. I never saw this kind of cactus SO big!

Amazing orchids. The flowers there are stunning as well.

3 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I am glad you were able to go. It looks so beautiful.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You have very beautiful pics of butterfly's here. Happy for you
kim

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Wow! Those are all gorgeous pictures! I am so glad you felt well enough to go.

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...