Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Feeling Better....Emotionally Anyway

Not much has changed physically, but my emotional state has improved quite a bit. I have had some wonderful, amazing, outstanding, encouraging comments, e-mails, phone calls, and visits over just the last 2 days. I have had old friends leave comments that encouraged me, new friends come to visit and help out, (and play with Jacob! Oh, he had so much fun with his 4 year old friend!) new blogger friends sending me e-mails to encourage and support me, to pray for me....Old college friends doing the same....I feel so very blessed. To each and every one of you: THANK YOU.

Doug and I had a really good talk last night and I think he totally gets it now. I just laid it out, honestly, as plainly as I could, how difficult day to day life is. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do...to admit to my husband that I couldn't even manage the 8 or so hours that he is gone while we are awake. That I couldn't make a schedule or set time frames for things. I just couldn't make it come together....that I couldn't take care of my dogs...that them barking is enough to put me over the edge.

He was amazing. So understanding. Not condescending at all...he didn't blow me off, or act like I was making a mountain out of a molehill. He even helped me make a schedule, and we'll be getting another large dog kennel so I can kennel BOTH big dogs instead of just one or the other.

I'm also going to Ann Arbor on Monday for a pheresis treatment, to see if that helps. I will be asking all my questions about Rituximab, and find out when I will be starting it.
Please continue praying...I can TELL that you are praying for me and it is helping me to clear the fog little by little.

At least I no longer feel alone. And that is the best feeling EVER.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Keep your head up! You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Jenxr77 said...

Kerri,

God Bless You! First of all, you are one of the strongest women I have met in a long time. You are my inspiration to keep fighting.

Second, vent away, you always remember to give thanks and your venting is a gift. You help others not feel so alone in this illness.

Third, you are on the top of my prayer list for Rituximab to work. I am so sorry about they Cyclosporine. Once he added the Robinul the headache and cramping stopped for me but there is no way I would have tolerated it as long as you did. You are a fighter! I am proud of you.

P.S. I have also been labeled "refractory"

Your MG friend,
Jen

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy to read that you have received such an outpouring of love and support from people near and far.

With love :-)
Joanne
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Renee said...

So glad you can feel more hopeful about how God is working . . .

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...