Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exciting Update!!


I got a call from Ann Arbor today....I start my Rituxan treatment NEXT Wednesday the 23rd!! I'm a bundle of scared and happy and nervous and excited and relieved and energized. At first I kind of flipped out, then I was excited. Just a lot of emotions ping-ponging through my brain.

The GOOD news is that it is covered by insurance. The BAD news is that it's at the Canton Infusion Center, not the Cancer Infusion Center at the U of M campus (their waiting list was months long). The WORST news is that each infusion (every Wednesday for 4 weeks starting the 23rd) starts at 8 AM. Yes, that's IN THE MORNING.

So instead of getting up at 3:30 in the morning to drive there, we will be heading down overnight Tuesday each time. We have an HSA account to help with finances (of course if there's no money in there it won't do us much good!), but 4 trips to Canton (300 miles round trip, so 1200 miles worth of gas) plus 4 nights at a hotel, meals...BUT....this is it. I know it is. I am CONFIDENT that this treatment will help me, and put me in remission. I have studied several cases of people with MuSK+ MG like me, Class IVb like me, refractory MG like me, and all of them improved, and half went into complete remission. SO. Take THAT MG MONSTER.

I do, as usual, ask for your prayers. My niece is coming to stay with Jacob the first time, and we have other arrangements made for Jacob for the other 3 times. We just ask that you pray that everyone involved stays HEALTHY first and foremost. We ask for prayers to BLESS the people who are helping us. We ask for prayers for enough money to cover our expenses. We KNOW that God will provide everything we need...above and beyond our expectation.

I'm sure I will be posting more about it as the week goes on....because it will be foremost on my mind! Thank you all for supporting me and my family through your thoughts, prayers and actions. We love you dearly!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! I have lots of hope and faith that it will work for you. I do plasmapheresis every 8 weeks, then a round of Rituxin (4 weeks) and I really feel better than ever. Good luck to you and god bless.

Karen Mortensen said...

YES!!! All the best to you.

Rachel said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! It's great that you get your first infusion in a week.
Praying for many safe trips and some relief from the MG monster...

Joanna said...

Wow!! Praying with you that this is it!

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, me too. I am so keeping you all in my heart and prayers. I hope you get the relief you need!!

Laura said...

So awesome! I'm praying for everything to fall into place with no bumps and for complete remission for you. Love you! Laura

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...