Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Odds and Ends

I've got a couple of pictures to share today. I'm feeling better....I think that mechanical ventilation (I should say VOLUNTARY medchanical ventilation) is a wonderous thing. I'm having to work up to 30 minutes at a time because it is such a workout for me. Just breathing! I really can't believe how bad I was....and how I didn't know it. There's a lesson in there somewhere; like the frog on the stovetop...start in cold water, just keep turning it up a teeny bit at a time, and the poor little bugger will never get out.

I think the enemy is like that. He comes to kill, steal and destroy. But I DON'T think he always comes at us guns blazing...he sneaks and connives and weasels...little bit by little bit...just like my health has been getting worse little bit by little bit.

We MUST pay attention! To our physical bodies, our spirits, minds and emotions. Be on guard!
Anywho.....enough words.

Jacob in our hotel room in Ann Arbor. He was SUCH a good boy!
We got home to this....why I LOVE winter.
The only bummer is that I have to take the pictures from inside, and miss the fun. (But I do stay warm!!)


I think we were missed. Notice the paw...Blackie will lay down next to Jacob and put one paw around his shoulder just like a person!

Up close and personal. It's like they were born in the same litter!

Just a couple of pups. Nothing like a boy and his dog.

4 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Glad you are doing better.
Your pictures are beautiful and darling.
You spoke very wise words at the beginning. How true and profound they are.

Pitterle Postings said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better!! Great pictures! You are amazing!!

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

I'm glad you are doing better with the breathing.

Kerri, he is ABSOLUTELY precious! And you are so right, little boys do LOVE their dogs!

Labs are great, I want one! My parents have one, named Redford, and he's 100 lbs! YIKES! We have yorkie, yeah, he weighs 6 lbs. lol But Lboy LOVES him!

Renee said...

Beautiful pictures--of the snow and the "pups"! So glad you're feeling better. Blessings!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...