Monday, October 25, 2010

Sick

I refrained from posting til now because my mood was so ugly I thought I might scare some people off. Or even scare myself. Somethings are too raw even for me to post. (I know, shocking!)

So right now I have a migraine...probably a sinus infection. I've been sick for freakin' EVER. Had pheresis 5 weeks ago; felt like crap every day since then except about 3. Then last Tuesday night got the sorest throat I've had in years. Now I have the crud. My head is about to explode.

Ya know, MOST days I appreciate still being of sound mind (although some of you who know me REALLY well may beg to differ about the "sound" part). But today I'm thinking, other than the horror for my family (which would suck), why can't I just be bat-sh!t crazy and not KNOW I'm sick?

Whatever. I'm going to eat some soup and go back to bed. Hopefully the doc will call in the ONE antibiotic I can take so I don't have to go back in and expose myself to more of the cesspool of life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, you think your doctor can do a consult for me over the phone? I want a new doctor, and J found one he likes (that takes my insurance!) but I'm putting off making an appt. Really, all I need is a flu "shot" (the nasal one, kthx) and a new doctor to call my own. Not a big deal. Except she's going to want my blood, and I don't want to give it to her. Unless she drugs me heavily.

Joanna said...

Ugh - feeling your pain. Hope you are doing better soon.

Pitterle Postings said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I can identify with the migrains. Those are never any fun!

kc said...

Ouchi - I'm hurtin' for ya. Hope that helps!! Wish we could all take a bite outta your pain. Sending hugs & virtual chicken soup!

Karen Mortensen said...

I am sorry. Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon. Good thoughts coming your way.

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

I hope you feel better!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...