Sunday, October 31, 2010

Holy Savings Batman!

WOW. I've heard of people going to the store and paying almost nothing for their things, but it sure had never happened to me...UNTIL TODAY!




We went to get gas in the van, and then stop at Rite Aid. (I know, I know, big excitement!) All of this stuff on my table had a total sticker price of $65.37. So if you went to the store, nothing was on sale, you had no coupons, you would have paid over $65.00.


Well...I paid.....drum roll please.....



$3.29!!!



I know! Amazing! I saved $62.08. That's INSANE. Basically, I just looked at the Rite Aid ad very carefully, found some coupons online, plus a $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase on Rite Aid's website.


In their ad they had some things on sale, including hair color. It's Loreal, which I use when I do "normal" color, and they had an in-store coupon for $2.00 off, and I had an online coupon for another $2.00.


Just for transferring a prescription (you bring in the pill bottle, they call the other pharmacy, get the info and fill it) I got a $25.00 Rite Aid gift card. CRAZY! The script cost $3.80. I know some of you are shaking your head thinking, this is so stupid to write about...But I am EXCITED! I was trying really hard to get it down to zero, but I didn't quite make it. So cool though.


Anywho...that's about it...I'm headed off for a nap. I'm doing MUCH better, but I still tire out quite easily.


Oh, this is for you, Blue & White....I am completely disgusted with my GP, and will be looking for a new one. I have had to kiss a lot of frogs before I got my princes...(the good docs I have!)


SO....Hope this upcoming week brings lots of good surprises!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Kerri!! Finiding really great deals gives me an adrenilin rush....so lame huh:)

Pitterle Postings said...

I know how I feel when I am able to save a bunch of money on things. You did an amazing job! I usually end up somewhere in the 50% range. I have never made it work as good as you did!

Hannah said...

That's amazing!! Great job putting all the coupons and sales together to make that great steal!! I am beyond impressed!

pilgrim said...

Hi Kerry!

Popping around from the SITS Girls site... I love your blog! Thank you for sharing - I know very little about your condition and will certainly be following from now on!

Guess I'm your latest follower then! Come and say hi at www.caminosantiago2012.blogspot.com.

:)

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Sorry for disappearing but my computer's power cord died (which takes weeks to get replaced when you live here) and then we were without electricity and water for days because of hurricane Richard. Anyway, I've caught up on your blog. I hope you are back to 100%. Totally cool about the savings!!!!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Young Wife said...

Wow! That is amazing! You did great.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...