Saturday, October 23, 2010

Freaky Friday (well in this case Saturday) Follow

It is time for the Freaky Friday Follow. (Okay, so I am a day late...)


Here are the rules:
Follow both hosts (we are in spots 1 & 2)
Leave a comment so we can return the follow
Answer the questions
Grab the button
Come back and link up

Now for the questions:

1-What have you always wanted to be for Halloween?
2- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or Why not?
3-Where is the scariest place you have been?
4-Would you ever go ghost hunting?
5-Have you every visited a real haunted house/hotel? Did you get any proof that it was haunted?
6-Do you watch any of those paranormal shows on TV? (Reality or shows like ghost whisperer)
************************************************************************************
1-What have you always wanted to be for Halloween?
Nothing specific. We don't celebrate Halloween anymore. We don't make a big deal of not celebrating it...but when you understand how it got its origins, it's pretty freaky. I'd rather not mess with it.

2- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or Why not?
I believe that "ghosts" are spirits. And there are only 2 kinds of spirits: angels and demons. So if someone truly sees a ghost, they very well may be seeing one. But it's not a person-ghost. When people die (again, this is my personal Christian belief based on the Bible) they immediately either go to heaven or hell. Heaven if they believe in Christ, and confess Him as Lord, hell if they do not. (I am not condemning anyone, I am stating what the Bible says.)

3-Where is the scariest place you have been?
Probably a "haunted house" when I was in 8th grade. I was the second to last person in line, and something grabbed my friend and I had to go back and get her. It was horrible.

4-Would you ever go ghost hunting?
Absolutely, 100%, positively NEVER. Again, the Bible says that we don't fight against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of darkness. (Ephesians 6) There is nothing "cool", "neat" or "fun" about coming into contact with that, especially if you are seeking it out! I've had enough attacks from satan, I'm certainly not going to go out and find him.

5-Have you every visited a real haunted house/hotel? Did you get any proof that it was haunted?
Nope, nope, and nope. Again, the only way I believe a place can be "haunted" is if demons live in it. And I want NOTHING to do with that.

6-Do you watch any of those paranormal shows on TV? (Reality or shows like ghost whisperer)
Never in a million years. Why would I invite that into my home? Yes, I take this very seriously. I think many people, Christians included, do not understand the gravity of messing around in the spiritual realm. Check out this post about a speaker who was a "Christian ghosthunter."

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I agree with you 100% on the dealing with the spiritual realm!! My family has never really celebrated Halloween due to the same reasons you stated. We used to celebrate All Saints Day. On November 1st we would dress up like saints and enjoy all the candy but we would read the Bible and saint stories instead of dressing up like witches and going to strangers doors to say, "trick or treat!" I always thought that kind of sounds like a threat.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...