Sunday, September 19, 2010

Going Out With A Bang

Well, as is typical with chronic illness, plans change. I wanted to spend time on a final post for invisible illness awareness week to inspire you, to move you, to raise your level of awareness, and incite compassion for those who suffer. I wanted to go out with a bang.

Instead, I'm just fizzling a bit. I had to go to Ann Arbor Friday for plasmapheresis. No biggie. It went pretty well. A bit slow, but nothing major. Got home and Jacob's nose was running. He has allergies, so I thought no big deal. Friday night he was coughing a little and really runny and stuffy, and I was just exhausted from the treatment. I was especially tired after this one.

Friday night, up most of the night trying to deal with Jacob, who was mostly ticked off because he couldn't suck his thumb. Saturday morning, I feel like I'm coming down with something. Asked people to pray. (Especially since I, in effect, just had my immune system removed.)

Today, Sunday, we were finally going to start looking at church together as a family. Obviously that's not happening.

So as happens very frequently in my life, I didn't get a thing accomplished this weekend, I can't do any of the things I'd like to, and my baby is sick. I'm NOT trying to elicit sympathy, I'm simply trying to explain that I live daily with that frustration of just. never. knowing.

And I was always the one with the dayplanner very carefully scheduled! And some people say God doesn't have a sense of humor.

So again, have extra patience dealing with people. If you have a friend who is chronically ill, please don't forget about them. They can be doing great one day, and in the proverbial weeds the next. And it goes on like that, day after day, never knowing what it's going to be like when I wake up. Good day? Bad day? Lots of change in my pocket? None?

Day by day. That's all I can do.

1 comment:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I've been negligent in visiting but I hope everyone is feeling better now.

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...