Saturday, September 25, 2010

Controlled Chaos


The best thing about today was that my darling husband moved my cell phone booster antenna from the front of the house to the back of the house, and my internet speed went from 79k to 431k. IIIII KNOW!!!! Color me happy!!!


This afternoon was CRAZY. But not really bad crazy, which was cool. I went to the grocery store for a few things...all by myself! Very nice. Came home, Doug's folks were here, and Doug was butchering our turkeys. His parents and Jacob were all outside.


Then the DIRECTV guy came...very nice young man. Very nice, Christian, handsome, SINGLE man, ladies!!! He was here forever, poor guy, because he really couldn't figure out what was going on with our system. He came to the conclusion that it was our electric (gee, the house in only 150 years old, ya think the electric is weird??) and that we had too much plugged in to one circuit. So we ran an extension cord from the DVR to the office so that it's not all on the same one. (I'm sure you will all sleep better tonight knowing these monotonous details!)


Anyway. So everyone is here, and I had a wonderful conversation with an old friend (as in, have-known-forever-old, not age-old). Bless her, she's going to make some meals I can throw in the freezer and chuck in the oven when I've had a crappy day and Doug is working late or whatever. What a blessing!!! Thank you Linda!


So it was a little nutty here with everyone in and out, but hey, it wasn't bad!


One thing I'm a bit concerned about...my throat has been scratchy all day. Not hurting really, just scratchy...but Doug said that's how his started. Please pray!!

Life is difficult, but God is good.

2 comments:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Oh wow! Please don't get sick! I'll keep you in my prayers. Yeah! About the internet! And do you think the cute DirectTV guy would like to move to Belize? lol

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Young Wife said...

Hooray for faster internet! So thankful you have a friend bringing meals.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...