Monday, July 19, 2010

Nothing New...so Let's Write!

Well, nothing is new on the MG front. Hot weather. Too weak to go out and do anything. Double vision. SO.

MamaKat has a writer's workshop, and I've seen many people reference it. So I decided to join! One of the assignments for this week is to write about your wedding song. Since my 10th anniversay is coming up next month, I thought this was a timely post!

Doug and I actually had 2 songs at our wedding. One was Shania Twain's "From This Moment On:" (the duet version, of course!)

(I do swear that I'll always be there. I'd give anything and everything and I will always care. Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow, for better, for worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart.)

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on
From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love
I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you
From this moment as long as I live I will love you,
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live I will love you,
I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you
As long as I live
From this moment on

I remember the girls (my good friend Diona and her younger sister who had a very beautiful, low voice) practicing while we were getting dressed and I just started bawling. They had the MOST amazing harmony!

The second song was sung acapella by Diona's sister Angie. It was Steven Curtis Chapman's
"I Will Be Here:"

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I, I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I, I will be here

I will be here
When you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here

Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I, I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for years
So I, I will be here

I will be here
And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here
I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me

Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I, I will be here
Oh, I will be here

Just reading those lyrics fills my heart with love and my eyes with tears. Other than the birth of my son Jacob, my wedding was the happiest, best day of my life. I had my old Shiley trach yet, with a band around my neck that Doug decorated with shiny white leaves and pearls to match my dress. He was and IS amazing. He can do almost anything.

Both of these songs mean so much to us. Knowing that Doug would be there for me...knowing that he married me six weeks before I went into the hospital, knowing he chose to stand by me....It was just the most beautiful day ever. (We eloped on Aug. 26, 2000 and had our "big wedding" on August 25, 2001, one day shy of our first anniversary.)

I love you honey!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jen said...

Those songs are really beautiful. Great wedding songs. :)

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Doug sounds amazing! Have you got a clone of him? lol

I love your wedding songs!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Heligirl said...

What beautiful wedding songs and such an absolutely wonderful husband. :)

Karen Mortensen said...

Great songs. I love your story. You'll have to tell me why you had two weddings.

Lift Like A Mom said...

I love that song!

I always love hearing about wedding stories :)

Lift Like A Mom said...

I love that song!

I always love hearing about wedding stories :)

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...