Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday, Monday....

What a weekend. I am simply exhausted. Jacob gets his cast off today!! Woot! Woot! There is a teeny, tiny chance he'll have to have it back on for two weeks, but I highly doubt it. Either way, this one is coming off. Good thing too cuz it's getting Stinky! P.U!!

My mama-van is awesome. I will post pics soon. We killed 2 birds with one stone on the purchase: we had a boat to sell, and were getting NO takers. Not even lookers. Or callers. Or questioners! So we were going to take it to auction and get virtually nothing for it.

Well, the dealership took the BOAT in on trade! Craziest thing I've ever heard. Doug asked the sales guy if they would, and I thought: "I knew I would drive him stark raving mad eventually, but not quite this soon, and definitely not here!!"

So you can imagine my surprise when they said yes! We should have gotten double what we did, in fact, blue book was TRIPLE what we got, but in this market, with this ecomony, we're just glad to get rid of the thing.

I took some really funny pictures of Jacob when we did our first load of laundry in our new washing machine (which incidentally, I found the receipt from the transmission we had put in the car LESS than 2 years ago, and it was the same price as the washer and dryer combined! That tells me two things: The cost you pay for labor when you get a car fixed is RIDICULOUS, and, we got a really good deal on our washer and dryer!). He was mesmerized!
Not exactly sure what this is all about, but it's hilarious!



Photobucket

4 comments:

citymouse said...

I have total washer/dryer envy! My very basic set is a beautiful almond circa 1985. It still works so I'm stuck with it for now. Every time I'm in Lowes I walk through the washer/dryer section though... like a kid in a candy store!

Stopping by from SITS.

Young Wife said...

Great pictures, and those do look like good machines! How funny that they took the boat as a trade in.

Karen Mortensen said...

I love your machines. Looks like it makes doing laundry fun.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Jacob looks so adorable sitting there staring at the washer! Congratulations on the boat trade-in!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...