Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a New Day

So after yesterday's pity party soap box, God must have just shook his head. I ended up having a great day! I was able to do a load of laundry, fold 2 loads (Jacob's clothes were already washed) vaccuum, AND do the dishes and straigthen the kitchen a little! I LITERALLY have not been able to do that for months. It was a wonderful feeling.

Then this morning I had an eye appointment at 8:20, yes, for those of you who know me, that is A.M., and a dental cleaning at 9:50 (no cavitites mom! Oh...I should probably call her...my mom doesn't read my blog! I'm not sure she knows what a blog is!)

So I ordered the cutest new glasses...they are purple, of course--kind of a lacy pattern in the frames but it's so subtle you can hardly tell...with 4 little rhinestones (LITTLE) on the top corners or the front of the frames, and then also on the sides. Yes, I will get a picture when I get them.

This glasses will be something new for me; they will have a prisms in them. Because of the MG, my eyes sometimes see individually instead of working together. Normal eyes converge to a certain optic measurement of such and such a number (totally scientific, I know!!). When MG'er's eyes get weak, many get double vision because their eyes are NOT converging. In other words, they aren't playing nice in the sandbox!

SO....the trick is to make the prism strong enough to help alleviate the symptoms, but NOT strong enough so that you walk around cross-eyed when you're NOT having issues. (Well, I'm never really NOT having issues...just with my eyes, I mean! buh-duh-bum...chshh) These glasses should help with the eye strain I feel at the end of the day as well. Even if I don't have full blown double vision, I can tell when my eyes are having to work harder to see straight. Oh the joys of MG.

I am really excited to see if these work though...it would be a lot of relief from exhaustion, eye strain and headaches.

SO...a couple of good days, even though it's "Africa hot" again. Supposed to be super hot and humid for the next week. {Sigh}. Oh well. This too shall pass!

Photobucket


7 comments:

Margaret said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing good right now. It days like that that make all the bad days worth it I think.

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so glad you are doing better. Enjoy your good days. Can't wait to see the new glasses.

Joanna said...

Oooo bling for the glasses! Can't wait to see it.

Kitty Deschanel said...

Happy to read that you're doing a bit better! I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of these new glasses with the "little" rhinestones. LOL, rhinestones are still rhinestones, my dear ;)

http://lambaround.blogspot.com

Kitty Deschanel said...

Ooooh, almost forgot! I work in a dental office and can't leave without saying congrats on being cavity-free!

Young Wife said...

Praise God! I am so happy you had a good day! Looking forward to the picture of you in your new glasses.

Jenxr77 said...

Yes! That is awesome Kerri! I am so glad things are turning around, you certainly deserve it.
Hugs,
Jen

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...