Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby No Longer

Well, I am, but Jacob isn't! He is turning into such a little man. I've been "Mom" for like a year now. Breaks my heart. Every time I call him baby, he says, "Mom. I'm not a baby anymore so you really can't call me that. I'm a big boy." {Sigh}


My eyes are still driving me crazy by the way. So this will probably be shorter than my normal posts as well! Jacob is SO ready to start doing school again. Now that my office is no longer a PIT, we can!


July 3rd, Doug and Jacob camped in the backyard for the very first time. Oh my GOSH. You would have thought he was going to the moon. He was so excited. They stayed out there all night too! I kept waking up thinking, "Oh my word, they are still out there!"


Jacob came and got me up around 8 the next morning saying., "Mom! Wake up! It's morning already!"
They tried for night number two, but around 2AM, Jacob needed his Mommy. : ) Yay for me!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

What a sweet, sweet post. He is just too cute. I hate it when you can't call them your baby any more. The good thing about Daniel is is that I can still call him that and he can't talk back.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Wow! Jacob has gotten big since the last time I saw some pictures of him. (A few months ago?) That's like Matthew. I looked at him the other day and realized he's gotten really tall suddenly. It's great when they still need their mommy though, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by both my blogs and commenting. And it's very late but thank you for your sweet comment about my puppy. I hope your lab is doing better!

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...