Saturday, June 19, 2010

Weekend from the Pit.

K. So if there's one thing I hate, that makes me nervous, makes me worry, makes me sweat (literally) makes it hard to sleep, breathe, or remain sane, it's when the power goes out. My husband is McGuyver, it is true. He can hook up the generator to almost anything and make it run. I can do a breathing treatment, use my suction machine...he keeps all the food from spoiling....(Not all at once, of course). But even HE can't control the weather.

I swear, we've had storms for DAYS and the power never even flickered. Then, last night we have this crazy, tree-bending wind, sky-blackening clouds, scare-the-pants-right-off-you storm that lasts all of 15 minutes, and we lose power for three days. AAhhhhhhhhhh! It's such a pain. Suction machine, nebulizer, oxygen. Power, power, power.

I'm so tired. I do NOT sleep well when there's no oxygen concentrator and oxygen machine running....fan....etc. Oh well.

Blackie got to come home today, so that was some good news. He's doing pretty good. It's a little sad. He's normally so active and spastic and now he has to just lay...for SIX WEEKS!!!

Well, that's it for now....hopefully tomorrow I'll be comfortable in my own home (thankfully Doug's work has a wonderful conference room with lots of work space and a huge tv. They even have a shower upstairs! So I'm clean anyway!)

Here's to tomorrow being a better day!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

stopping from SITS and I hope that the weather clears up.

Karen Mortensen said...

Wow. Hope everything gets back to normal. I am so glad that the dog is okay. Take care of yourself.

Karen Mortensen said...

I left an award for you. Go and see it.

Young Wife said...

Glad Blackie is doing better!

Joanna said...

I'm thinking we need a McTalking - soon.

Anonymous said...

One suggestion to deal with the oxygen and electricity problem could be a Portable Oxygen Concentrator . They often run on batteries and can even be charged in the car. Just make sure to get a continuous flow (as opposed to the pulsing kind)to help you get through the night.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...