Thursday, February 4, 2010

Greetings from Horse Cave, KY!

Oh my goodness.

Tuesday night, Doug was pullnig the boat out of the barn and the truck died. Just plain died. He spent hours out there, finally found out what was wrong. Long story short, it was a broken wire within the wiring harness. SO, being McGuyver, my husband soldered this and that and fixed it. In the process, however, he cut the front brake line. Ug.

When he took the brake line off, however, he found a leak in the BACK of the brake line that he never would have seen if he hadn't cut the front. He never would have cut the front if the wire hadn't broken....Can you say Divine Providence?? Wow. I was so irritated at being late...until he told me about the back brake line. Then I was just like, oh, GOD....Thank you! And felt immediately ridiculous for acting like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum.

Just goes to show you, you never see the whole picture til all the pieces are in place.

We made it to Horse Cave, KY last night about 10:30...it was a veeeerrrryyy late night, and a long day. We will be taking off shortly for some spelunking (well, cave-checking-out, which I can spell). Battery is about to die on the laptop, so that's my cue. I'll post as often as I can!
God Bless.

4 comments:

Jenxr77 said...

Yeay! It sounds like you are having a great time. That is so true about the whole picture too. There is always a reason for things when we look back. I too have been known to throw a reactionary tantrum or two, it's okay just give extra thanks for the good stuff. Enjoy the caves!

Young Wife said...

So glad he saw the brake problem! Have a wonderful time!

Sarah Beth said...

Hope you're having a great time, face in the door not-with-standing. And thank God for his protection and providence! Glad you're ok.

Cole said...

So glad he found the brake problem before it turned into a major ouchie for anyone. We are not too far from Horse Cave, but haven't actually ever been down there. Hope you had lots of fun!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...