Thursday, December 17, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night Joanna and I had our Bible study Christmas party. Well, that's our story and we're sticking to it! : ) We went out for dinner to Applebee's and then shopping at Fashion Bug and WallyWorld. Yah. I know...hugely exciting. We had fun though. Til I called my husband and got chastised for shopping.

It just felt so good to be out with a girlfriend, hanging out, feeling almost normal after all of the BS we have BOTH been through. I got an awesome purse (with purple silky lining), an AMAZING sparkly black and purple shirt with purple pants, and a pair of black pants with this lacey kind of leopard print thingy (tasteful animal print)...and Joanna and I got matching necklace and earring sets because 1. they were on sale and 2. due to our love of all things purple, and 3. we're best girlfriends and love the same things! Lovely!

At Wally world I got a bunch of kitchen stuff for Doug for Christmas yet. And of course mac mac cheese for Jacob. : )

I will let Joanna tell you about the dog screaming neighbor at Applebees!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Purple is so in this season! Glad you had a fun night out with a friend. :)

Joanna said...

Oh yes we had a blast! I'm still suffering from purse envy that I will repent of - once I buy one. heehee :)

If I have time I'll have to post about lady screams a lot.

Young Wife said...

Hey, it's sounds like a great girls night to me!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...